Booking and Participation – Terms and Conditions
Bookings, Payments, Cancellations
- Minimum numbers apply to all activities/programmes – this minimum is dependent on the particular activity/programme.
- Booking deposits are non-refundable. Where a cancellation is requested, you can defer to another suitable date.
- Shannon River Adventure reserves the right to alter programmes at short notice due to inclement weather conditions, non-satisfactory numbers participating etc. In this case will offer alternative arrangements.
School, youth, sports, corporate, birthday party groups, weekly camps
- A non-refundable deposit is required to secure bookings. In the case where you are unable to attend on the date booked, bookings can be deferred to another date that suits both parties.
- For large groups attending for, including schools, youth groups, sports groups, we allow 1 free participating adult/leader per 10 paying participants. Where a group is coming on an overnight trip, we allow 1 free adult/leader per 10 participants, including food, participation and accommodation
- Bookings are confirmed by email only when deposits are received. Any previous correspondence shall be considered provisional booking details.
- Final numbers should be submitted no later than one week before arrival date. This is the number the final invoice will be issued for.
Family & Friends, Day camps, Hen/Stag groups, Camping & Glamping, special programs (i.e. Ladies on the Lake)
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. In the case where you are unable to attend on the date booked, bookings can be deferred to another date that suits both parties.
Activities and Participation
- While the ability to swim is not a requirement for taking part in water activities, please advise us of any non- swimmers in your party.
- All customers wishing to partake in our activities and programmes do so in the knowledge that a certain basic level of fitness is required and that it is up to the participants themselves to inform the company of any relevant illness or medical conditions that they might have.
- Activities have an element of danger. Participants must be aware of the risks before entering activities and agree to this knowledge.
- All participants must agree to be bound by the safety regulations of the centre and in particular, hereby agree:
- To wear safety clothing, headgear and footwear when taking part
- To follow all instructions meticulously
- Not to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- The customer is responsible for the safekeeping of all equipment issued for use during the activity/programme. With the exception of fair wear and tear the company reserves the right to charge for equipment that has been lost or misused.
- Bookings are accepted on the basis that no responsibility is accepted by Shannon River Adventure, its proprietors or instructors for any injury, damage or loss to a client’s property or person however caused.
- We do not accept responsibility for lost or damaged items.
- Group organiser’s responsibility: For group bookings we ask that the entire group is made aware of the booking conditions and each person’s consent (parent/guardian consent for minors under age of 18) is given prior to activities.
- Any customer under the age of 18 years must have the explicit permission of his/her parent/ guardian before being able to take part in any activity/programme offered by the company. The parent/ guardian need to be aware and accept the risks involved in adventure activities and satisfy themselves accordingly.