Primary School Tours
Book your School Tour 2024 – your students will thank you for it!
Teachers, it’s not too early to start planning the school tour and, if your students would like a memorable day of fun-filled activities, then it’s time to book Shannon River Adventure for 2024. We pride ourselves on providing a true adventure experience in a safe and friendly environment, as attested by our many testimonials.
Fun in the mud and other adventures!
“To all at Shannon River Adventure. Many thanks for a great day out. We brought 112 children and everybody enjoyed themselves, from Junior Infants to 6th Class. Staff were excellent and supervision was excellent also. All activities were suitable for all ages which was a pretty impressive achievement given the age ranges. I cannot fault any aspect of this school tour and would recommend to anyone considering Shannon River Adventure for their school tour. Well Done!!”
Tooreen NS, Ballyhaunis.
WHY CHOOSE SHANNON RIVER ADVENTURE
Our School Tour is packed full of FUN, ADVENTURE and CHALLENGE with up to 8 activities on a full day!
- Our friendly staff are Garda vetted, qualified, and have up to date First Aid.
- All safety equipment provided i.e. buoyancy aids, helmets, wet suits etc.
- We can cater for 200+ participants, safely, from infants to 6th class.
- Covered outdoor seating area – an airy place to gather and eat etc.
- Clean, modern facilities with large toilet & hot showers block.
- Tuck Shop and Café on-site.
- Free tea/coffee for teachers from our outdoor kitchen.
- All activities are on-site and close to each other
- Kids are occupied from the time they arrive
- Large spacious changing areas
- All activities are fully insured
- Choice of full day or half day
- Great value for money
Watch Ray Darcy scaling new heights!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Swimwear, towel and waterproof jacket and fleece for variable weather. (We recommend long pants rather than shorts). Extra pair shoes for the water (old runners/water shoes – not crocs or flip flops). Shoes must be worn at all times including during all water activities Change of clothes advisable for wet days, particularly extra pair of socks.
- Snacks, Healthy Lunch and drink. We have a Tuck Shop on-site for a school tour treat.
- Any medication you may need i.e. inhaler. Sun cream, hat etc (where appropriate).
- Plastic bag for bringing wet clothing home. Please remember to check you have all your belongings going home.
- Last but not least – Lots and Lots of ENERGY & SMILES
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- The use of phones are prohibited during school trips. We recommend that phones and electronic items are not brought on the school trip. If you bring them along, they must be left in your bag during activities. Any students found to be using their phone during activities will be asked to refrain and, if it persists, will have the phone removed until home time. NB Any student found to have a phone or camera out in the changing facilities will have the phone removed and will be unable to continue activities.
- Valuables including clothes, sports jerseys etc.
BUOYANCY AIDS MUST BE WORN ON OR NEAR THE WATER AT ALL TIMES
Primary school enquiry
"*" indicates required fields